I somehow managed to do a lot in December, which I still don’t know how because of the holidays, Christmas spending and our bathroom makeover. But I did, and I’m happy about it. In December, Travis’ sister ordered her little girl her flower girl headband, and she has the link for the flower girl dress and a cute necklace she found in the same etsy shop! So, she will order those within the next couple of months.
I contacted some rental companies about chairs (holy expensive) & some people about cupcakes and got quoted & chose a bakery! I’m going with the same place I used for my 21st birthday cake (I use to work with the owner) and I have my design consultation in January! In december, I also made some rough drafts of our invitations, bought the remaining gifts for my bridesmaids (which was SO much fun to pick-out and customize for each of them), talked to them about shoes, they all ordered their bridesmaid dresses (and 3 came in already! – my maid of honors is an entirely different story, but it’s being resolved. Thankfully she’s been handling it behind the scenes.
The picture on the left is the actual color of the dresses,
the picture on the right is two of my bridesmaids!
But the lighting at Alfred Angelo’s made the color look off and dark.
I ordered a Mr & Mrs banner from Etsy as well as some pom-poms and lanterns in shades of pink, orange and green. I used a 50% off one item coupon at Michael’s as well, to start off my candle buying and then ended up winning a $50 gift card from a Michael’s twitter party – so I was able to buy the rest of the candles that I needed – 8 packs total! I’ve since wrapped almost all of them in washi tape.
I also tried on MY ACTUAL WEDDING DRESS on December 18th and it fits like a glove. I almost got emotional just putting it on, but I held it together. I also found the PERFECT headband for my hair for the big day – and it ended up being the first one I tried on at the bridal boutique after putting my dress on.
Some other things that are being accomplished are because of my Uncle Junior. He volunteered to use his driving RV as our transportation from the ceremony to the reception, and he’s going to cut up the wood slices that I need for centerpieces. :)
and now the remaining to do list…
1. Research & book a florist: only needed for bouquets, still need to make an appointment
2. Purchase gifts for wedding party: the girls are done, just have to have Travis do the guys
3. Come up with a playlist for ceremony: still working on – and waiting on playlist from our acoustic guitar player
4. Come up with a playlist for reception: Writing songs down as I hear/think of them – so many good ones!
5. Purchase chalkboards for gift table, escort table, guest book table: bought one
6. Figure out hairstyle & book a stylist: Have one lined up, just have to wait to make an appointment a month before wedding
7. Make invitations: Rough drafts made
8. Contact rental company for ceremony chairs: holy expensive
9. Order wedding cupcakes: Quoted. Design consult is in January
10. Make a card holder: My mom bought me the round bases, just need to put together and decorate
11. Rent suits for groom, groomsmen & ring bearer: happening in March
12. Find an officiant: contacted a rev.
13. Buy flower girl flowers: using my maid of honor’s from her wedding, just need to pick up.
14. Dress alterations: happening in March
15. Cut or buy wood slabs for centerpieces: my Uncle is getting these cut for me
1. Apply for marriage license (1 month before)
2. Shop for wedding bands/rings
3. Create or rent an arch for ceremony
4. Make ceremony signs
5. Create our own buffet + appetizers
6. Ring bearer pillow or sign
7. Make choose a seat, not a side sign
8. Create kid fun packet
9. Make seating chart sign
10. Come up with a reception layout
11. Create map for guests to get to reception
12. Make table numbers for reception
13. Flower girl basket
14. Get old barn window from my Aunt & Uncle for seating chart
15. Come up with a day-of timeline
16. Make menu cards or sign
17. Shop for favor holder
18. Buy our coozie favors
19. Find & purchase wedding shoes
20. Create ceremony program fan
21. Purchase paper bells for ceremony
22. Purchase thank you cards for wedding
23. Create map for guest to get to ceremony for invitations
24. Purchase thank you cards for bridal shower
Time is flying by!