Wednesday, February 13th, 2013
The Etsy Chapter: 21 Days To Go
This week has not gone as planned, blogging-wise. I wanted to do a Tech Tuesday post yesterday, but I was sick, so I didn’t touch my laptop at all. Today I wanted to post about the picture frame I picked up at Marshall’s over the weekend, but since I didn’t touch my laptop yesterday, I didn’t pull the pictures off of my camera yet. So instead I’m going to do an Etsy shop update since most people are really anxious to see my wreath progress (which I find both amazing and shocking at the same time). I’ve been working on the wreaths and sidebar title banners for the past week or two, and taken breaks every couple days so I don’t get overwhelmed.
I’ve still been working on the same five wreaths since the beginning. I grab colors as they are available at Michael’s since I have yet to find an online retailer with a better price. Michael’s has been sold out of a lot of the colors that I need lately, except for white. But the wreaths below are: 4th of July, Home Sweet Home, a blue wreath, a white monogram wreath & a St. Patrick’s Day. I still have 6 wreath forms at home, but I’m saving those for custom orders…. YES! I’ve decided to offer custom orders (for a limited time). I’ll be able to do custom wreaths for the next 3ish months, before the chaos of the summertime hits, so get them while you can!
I still have a bunch of things I want to accomplish before opening day (this Etsy thing is no joke). Here is my to-do list, with the accomplished things being crossed out:
order packing materials: boxes, bags, tape, stickers
- design & order business cards (designed, but still need to print on my Dad’s fancy printer)
- finish at least 5 wreaths (5 in progress, in various stages of completion)
design & make colored sidebar titles(two different designs have been made, with various colors to choose from in each)
design & make social media banners(two different colors made)
- design & make social media buttons
order wreath forms(bought 11, 5 in progress, the rest are for custom orders)
- take finished box, wreath and packing materials to post office to figure out shipping costs
- figure out wreath prices (similar wreaths sell for $45 on Etsy, I still need to figure out my cost)
figure out graphic design prices
make etsy graphic for custom sidebar titles
- make etsy graphic for custom wreaths
make etsy graphic for custom headers & buttons
- put graphic sets in compressed zipped folder for easy mailing (almost done, still have about 5 to do)
- make big hanging bows to hang wreaths with
- make a glittery “L” for the monogram wreath as a sample (halfway done)
- create etsy shop button for advertising purposes
- buy more felt: turquoise, grey, white, red & green (going after work)
So as you can see, I’ve done a lot, but I still have a while to go. I’m going to just be focusing on the wreaths for the rest of this week and weekend until they are done. Instead of trying to do 20 things at once. I should really work on my project management skills after all of this chaos, or maybe I just work best in chaos. Who knows, but wish me luck!