Saturday, September 15th, 2012
Apartment Tour – Fall 2012
After seeing Young House Love‘s & Attempts at Domestication‘s house tours, I figured that I better get on that and do an apartment tour before we move, since I never did one for our first apartment. Today was the perfect time to do one too, because we have been cleaning ALL FREAKING DAY. Literally. Travis woke up wanting to clean. We even sprayed inside and outside of the apartment for bugs (oh, the joys of basement living) and cleaned the windows inside and out. Since the apartment was clean, I did a video tour quick.
Couple things before you watch the video:
- I did one half of the video during the day, the other half at night. That’s why it’s bright out for the first part, but then the windows are pitch black during the second half.
- My SD card is corrupted in my camera, so the video kept terminating itself after 50 seconds, that’s why the video kind of skips at certain parts.
- Yes, the oven burners are off. We were cleaning all day, and we didn’t put them back in yet.
- Travis was watching TV and writing an email out to DirecTV (our receiver over-heated), so he was in a bad mood, so I didn’t say a word during the kitchen and living room parts. Not much to say anyways, other than… here is the kitchen and here is the living room. But I have faith in you, that you can tell which room is which. ;)
- Yes, that is my sunburst mirror, upside down, on the living room floor. Yes, I started it seven months ago. No, it’s not finished yet…very close, but no.
- The interstate runs behind our apartment, so it’s very loud outside.
- I said I was not going to talk when I walked down the hallway into our apartment, because I had laundry going. It’s not nearly as loud on video as I thought it was going to be.
- Cutest part of video = when Coco meows at me to pet her.
If you have a blog, do a house tour pleasseeee. :) I love watching them, and they really do help the reader learn how your place is laid out. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!