Never-Ending List Maker
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Travis and I are hoping that we will only be apartment renters for another year yet, so we don’t want to go too crazy in making this apartment feel more like home, but we do have a pretty lengthy list on things we’d hope to accomplish in this apartment, but if we never finish it no biggie. The list definitely keeps me busy which is great, because I become bored, very easily. I thought I’d share the list with you and I also wanted to blog list so I have it as reference because keeping all of these lists in my head makes me crazy. I’m pretty sure I keep about 5 lists rotating in my brain at all times, and it’s a lot to keep track of. Half the time, I write the list down on paper when I’m bored at work, but then it eventually gets thrown away when I clean out my purse or something. I should really invest in a notebook and jot everything down, but this blog is the next best thing.
• Purchase at least 5 pillows (not sure what color, Travis says blue)
• New end tables (maybe the ones from the bedroom)
• New coffee table (DIY?)
• Add more art
• Find an entertainment console
• Simplify (AKA: Get rid of clutter)
• Maybe an area rug?
• New pet food dishes
• Longer curtains (& one’s that match!)
• Hang our giant clock
• DIY Coffee Table Tray with 1 Drawer
• Hang sunburst mirror above sofa
• Hang some art
• New towels (Grey!)
• Clean out medicine cabinet
• Roman shades for window
• Stop treating it like a garage
• Clear out the yard sale stuff (Sell/Donate)
• Buy new nightstands with lots of storage
• Buy a new mattress & boxspring (Queen or King?)
• Find a new bed frame
• DIY a wooden headboard
• New pillows, fluffy ones!
• New sheets, pillowcases and comforter
• New pet food dishes (Coco needs food dishes on each floor)
• Take current nightstands and put them in living room
• Go thru our clothing & shoes
• Purchase Orange Dishtowels
• DIY Spice Rack
• DIY Mug Rack
• Finish the gallery wall
• Purchase orange patterned curtains
• Purchase a Rug 5 x 5 or smaller
• Maybe another coat rack (for the wall)
• Declutter, Again!
• Better Craft Organization
As you can see, there is a lot on our list. But it’s more of a maybe we’ll do this, or maybe we’ll buy that kind of list. We are too anxious to purchase a house to even dedicate anything to this apartment, but the list sure does help pass the time and keep me on my toes!
What is on your to do list? Or is there anything you’d like to do to your home, but probably never will?