Thursday, May 31st, 2012
Projects, Projects & More Projects
It’s almost June, so I’ve pulled together a list of some projects I want to accomplish during the month and over the summertime. Here is what I want to accomplish in the craft/DIY area next month…
1. Finish my sunburst mirror. I started a sunburst mirror back in February. Yes, four months ago! It’s half stained, and waiting to be drug outside to finish the staining process. I still need to purchase a mirror for it, glue it down, and attach the hanging hooks.
Source: K Sarah Designs
2. Spray paint my wooden tray a crisp white. I’ve had a tray in the storage room for a few months now, that I want to paint white and use it to hold pencils/pens, etc. The same way Miss. Katie Bower uses hers.
Source: Bower Power Blog
3. A few months ago I bought the stuff to dye a mason jar blue, but I just haven’t had the chance to get ‘er done. I’d love to do at least two small mason jars in a tinted blue, and spray paint the lids to them silver so I can use them in the white tray above, and fill them with pencils, pens & paintbrushes.
Source: Style Me Pretty
4. Since Coco broke one of my flower pots, and my four o’clocks looked like a weed, I’ve decided to plant some succulents, and these dipped pots are just too cute!
Source: A Beautiful Mess
5. I’m only doing one mixed drink for the month of June and I’m pretty sure I’m going to tackle a sangria – any great recipes out there?
Source: Eddie Ross
6. Father’s Day is coming up in the month of June, June 17th to be exact. I’ve been thinking about making this bread for my Dad for his big day, especially since he loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups more than anyone I’ve ever met.
Source: Cookies & Cups
7. I’ve been wanting to do these signs for awhile now. I’d have to do five of them and I’m not sure how I’d do the lettering since I don’t have a cameo machine, but I’d love to tackle these to show all of the places we’ve lived.
Source: Family Brings Joy
8. I’ve been thinking about what I want to do with my little cabinet that I bought at Shupp’s Grove a few weekends ago, and I think I want to do a grey crackled age look to it. I’d love the aged and rustic look of this turquoise table, so I’m going to try to go with that look.
Source: Stories of a House
What kind of projects do you have planned for next month and the summertime? Is it a short & simple list, or a long and daunting list? My lists always seem simple to me, until I start to tackle things, then I get overwhelmed, but I love the feeling when I get everything crossed off of a to-do list.