Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Last night I decided to make some homemade banana bread since we had a couple banana’s lying around that were extra, extra ripe. I ate some for breakfast this morning along with some cantaloupe and it was delicious. :) Perfect way to start off the day.
It’s really simple to make as well. In fact, if you ever have some banana’s lying around, you will most likely have all of the ingredients you need to whip up a loaf of banana bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (overripe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine your flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine your butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in your eggs and mashed bananas into the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Combine the two bowls of ingredients, and stir until the flour mixture is moist.
- Pour banana bread batter into your loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour. Or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf ban.
Your mixture should come out looking like the picture below.
Once your bread is cooled, enjoy!
I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to post in the next two weeks, things have been crazy busy at work, but towards the end of April things should calm down. Miss you guys! Anything exciting going on with anyone? I’m way behind on my Google Reader these days.