Saint Patrick’s Day Wreath
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I finally got my St. Patrick’s’ Day wreath done, after about three weeks of working on it. I kept running out of felt sheets, and then having to run to multiple craft stores where they were either sold out of the green color I needed, or only had a few sheets. But it’s done and I love it. :) I’ve fallen in love with felt circle wreath’s, so I think I’m going to make one for every Holiday. In case you want to make one yourself, I’ve put together a list of what you’ll need to buy and a little bit of a tutorial on how to do it.
What you’ll need:
- Wreath Form
- Green Felt Sheets (I used 17)
- White Felt Sheets (I used 19)
- Scissors, Hot Glue, Hot Glue Gun
- Saint Patty’s Day decorations (optional)
- Plastic Cup (used to make a circle shape)
What you’ll want to do is cut circles out of your felt sheets. I used the bottom of a solo cup to get my shape and then I used a pencil to trace around the cup. I cut 1 circle out that way, and then I just used that circle as a template for the rest of my circles, so only 1 felt circle had pencil marks on it.
Once your circles are cut out, you just put a dot of hot glue onto your wreath form, and then stick the center of the felt circle onto that hot glue dot. You’ll want to put your dots of hot glue almost right next to the previous one, so your felt starts to bunch up and is tight together.
Just keep working your way around, it’s pretty time consuming, but worth it in the end.
Once you’re done with the felt circles you can glue on some St. Patty’s Day decorations if you wish, I used three shamrocks for an off center decoration. Once you’re done, you’ll have something that looks like this:
Project Cost Breakdown:
Jo-Ann’s Fabric Store –
- 6 Apple Green Felt Sheets = $2.04 @ 34 cents per sheet
- 16 White Felt Sheets = $5.44 @ 34 cents per sheet
- Wreath Form = Regular $4.99, 50% off with coupon = $2.49
- Pack of Clovers = $1.49
Michael’s Craft Store –
- 11 Apple Green Felt Sheets = $3.19 @ 29 cents per sheet
- 3 White Felt Sheets = $0.87 @ 29 cents per sheet
Total: $15.53 (before sales tax)
Just click the button below. :)